Applying for Health Promotion Sciences Programs
Applicants interested in the MS or PhD program in Health Promotion Sciences must apply through the UConn Graduate School admissions process outlined below. If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be more than happy to help guide you through the process.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in a health-related field
- Strong academic record in the sciences
- Strong background in research
- Match with graduate faculty research interests
A limited number of Graduate Assistantships with stipend, full tuition waiver, and health insurance benefits may be available. Currently, all Health Promotion Sciences PhD students are fully funded. These graduate assistantships include research and/or teaching assignments. For general information about graduate assistantships at UConn, please visit the Graduate School. Please see our Faculty Recruiting Graduate Assistants page for details about graduate faculty who are currently recruiting graduate research assistants.
For preferred consideration, the deadline for applications is December 15. However, applications will continue to be considered after that deadline on a space-available basis.
- Online Graduate School Application
- Area: Health
- Field of Study: "Health Promotion (MS)" or "Health Promotion Sciences (PhD)" as appropriate
- Official Transcript(s) - Please have your official undergraduate and/or graduate transcript(s) sent directly to the Graduate School
- Letters of Recommendation - 2 for MS program, 3 for PhD program
- Personal Statement - Should succinctly communicate how your academic and professional goals align with the graduate program in Health Promotion Sciences and how these goals align with the research interests of one or more faculty in the Department
- [PhD program only] Sample Research Paper or Abstract
- $75 application fee payable by credit card or PayPal during the application process
Please note: All applicants applying for Fall 2021 admission are not required to submit GRE scores.
Please Mail Transcripts to:
University of Connecticut
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269
Checking the Status of Your Application
To check the status of your application at any point, please refer to the Graduate School's Status Checking page.